Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Veterinary technicians assist veterinarians with the care and treatment of animals. There are The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) calculates that veterinary technician jobs will grow by 30% over the next ten years. This is expected to create more than 17,000 new veterinary technician jobs! This page will provide you with some information about job locations, or you can click here to begin searching for jobs now!
Top 5 States with Vet Tech Jobs
- Texas – 8,870
- California – 8,820
- Florida – 8,190
- Pennsylvania – 4,210
- New York – 4,190
Top 5 Cities with Veterinary Technician Jobs
Location is one of the most important factors of finding quality, high paying vet tech jobs. Sometimes students must relocated to a different area to find jobs after they finish their veterinary technician training. Below are the top 5 cities with the most veterinary technician jobs:
- Chicago, IL – 2,300
- Houston, TX – 1,990
- New York, NY – 1,980
- Philadelphia, PA – 1,760
- Atlanta, GA – 1,740
There are several different types of facilities that veterinary technicians work in. The most common are veterinary clinics, animal hospitals and shelters. Veterinary technician jobs are also slightly more dangerous than average. This is due to working with ill or injured animals that may respond aggressively to treatment.
Before you Get Hired
Veterinary technician jobs in most states require you to be certified or licensed. That means that you must complete training from a veterinary technician school before you can begin working. Below are some of the top recommended veterinary technician schools (online and campus) in the country:
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Flexible, online RN-BSN and MSN programs available
- RN-BSN program is designed to help registered nurses earn their bachelor’s in as little as 9 months
- Courses designed to expand on student’s prior knowledge and enhance their patient care skills