Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Veterinary technicians assist veterinarians with the care and treatment of animals. There are The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) calculates that veterinary technician jobs will grow by 30% over the next ten years. This is expected to create more than 17,000 new veterinary technician jobs! This page will provide you with some information about job locations, or you can click here to begin searching for jobs now!
Top 5 States with Vet Tech Jobs
- Texas – 8,870
- California – 8,820
- Florida – 8,190
- Pennsylvania – 4,210
- New York – 4,190
Top 5 Cities with Veterinary Technician Jobs
Location is one of the most important factors of finding quality, high paying vet tech jobs. Sometimes students must relocated to a different area to find jobs after they finish their veterinary technician training. Below are the top 5 cities with the most veterinary technician jobs:
- Chicago, IL – 2,300
- Houston, TX – 1,990
- New York, NY – 1,980
- Philadelphia, PA – 1,760
- Atlanta, GA – 1,740
There are several different types of facilities that veterinary technicians work in. The most common are veterinary clinics, animal hospitals and shelters. Veterinary technician jobs are also slightly more dangerous than average. This is due to working with ill or injured animals that may respond aggressively to treatment.
Before you Get Hired
Veterinary technician jobs in most states require you to be certified or licensed. That means that you must complete training from a veterinary technician school before you can begin working. Below are some of the top recommended veterinary technician schools (online and campus) in the country:
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.